The Heritage Awards program will be celebrated on March 18th, if you know about a history project in Snohomish County that should be recognized, please consider nominating the project for recognition. The deadline for nominations is Feb 24th 2017, click here for details.
March 18th The Heritage Awards will be presented at a program honoring these projects along with a potluck luncheon (provided by the Board). There will also be a program and our speaker Dr. Jesse Kennedy on Recreation in the North Cascades. Details on the program will follow.
February 24th is the deadline for the Snohomish County Community Heritage Grant for historic preservation projects, click here for details. Scroll to the bottom of the page for a pdf of the application.
Join us for the Annual Meeting of the League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
Saturday, January 21st, 2017
10:00 AM to noon
Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center in Stanwood.
27130 – 102nd Ave NW
After the meeting, Fred Cruger from the Granite Falls Historical Society will present a program on Snohomish County’s Historical Asset Inventory using LOSCHO’s historical mapping program.
Meetings of the League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations
Saturday, Nov 19th, 2016 / 10 a.m. – Noon
General Planning Meeting of All members and Board members
Stanwood Area History Museum (behind the D. O. Pearson House)
27108 102nd Ave N.W.
Saturday, January 21st, 2017 / 10 a.m. – Noon
Annual Meeting and Elections of new officers.
Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center (SAHS)
27108 102nd Ave N. W.
Stanwood WA 98292
New members welcome, please join us! This is a great opportunity to share information about your recent programs and projects with each other. Come prepared to speak briefly about your latest activities and successes. For more information, contact current President Kevin Stadler or Vice President Karen Prasse
Volunteer for our LOSCHO Historic Inventory Mapping Project
Please join us for the next League meeting. All history advocates and heritage organizations are welcome. Agenda to be announced but will include updates of latest projects. Bring ideas and share your latest programs and events.
LOSCHO Meeting – Saturday September 24th 10:00 AM at the new Marysville museum.
Address: 6805 ARMAR ROAD near JENNINGS PARK in MARYSVILLE
- Alderwood Manor Heritage Association Project: —Historic Interpretive Project Now and Then: Lynnwood – Alderwood Manor Grant Award: $1,716
- City of Arlington Project: —Historic Interpretive Project Grant Award: $5,333
- Edmonds South Snohomish County Historical Society Project: —Collections Stewardship Project Grant Award: $4,507
- Friends of the Everett Public Library Project: —Restoration of Historic Ted Jacobsen Mural Grant Award: $5,500
- Monroe Historical Society —Project: Historic Newspaper Digitization Grant Award: $4,220
- Sky Valley Arts Council —Project: Restoration of the Startup Gym Grant Award: $10,000
- Stillaguamish Valley Pioneer Association —Project: Red Work Historical Quilt Grant Award: $1,651
More about the Snohomish County Heritage Commission here