Historic Preservation of Buildings, Places, Landscapes, Landmarks and Cultural Resources
The Places of the Past Digital Image Collection features digital images of local historic places of Snohomish County from the County courthouse to the Bryant corner store.
It also includes an article on how to find out about Tracing the History of a Home or Building
Below are the organizations and commissions involved in coordinating the preservation of these historic places.
- Snohomish County Historic Preservation Commission
- Washington State Office of Archaeology and Historic Preservation includes new information on the Washington State Heritage Barn Register
- City of Snohomish Historical District
- Everett Historical Commission
- Edmonds Historical Commission
- Historic Everett – local non-profit dedicated to preserving Everett historic buildings
- King County Heritage and Preservation Programs
- National Register of Historic Places
For publications and help with preservation problems and projects like preserving wood windows, plaster walls, masonry, interior decoration, painting colors, seismic adaptations, landscapes, moisture problems, lead paint, preserving roofing materials, conserving energy etc., spend a little time searching the links below for assistance
- National Park Service – See Publications page, especially Preservation Briefs and Tech Notes.
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Resources – background on preserving irreplaceable cultural resources on Federal Land.
- National Trust for Historic Preservation including the NTHP Weblog
- Washington [State] Trust for Historic Preservation
- PreservationDirectory.com – lists resources for promoting historic preservation and recycling buildings and older structures.
- Old House Journal.com
- Historic Seattle