Nominations are now being accepted. The deadline is Friday, February 23, 2018. Download the form to fill out and submit by email or postal mail.
2018 Malstrom Nomination Form – PDF version
2018 Malstrom Nomination Form – Word version
The League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations (LOSCHO, or The League) is now accepting nominations for the 2018 Malstrom Award (for projects or publications completed in 2017).
The award, named for local historian Helmer Malstrom, recognizes outstanding contributions that preserve our heritage in Snohomish County. We encourage and welcome applications of all types and sizes to help acknowledge those that may go unnoticed outside of our local communities.
An individual may nominate her/his own work.
Eligibility: Eligible activities include historic preservation of architecture or cultural sites, historical or genealogical research/collections, exhibits, publications (print and online) and museum work. While an individual may be named to represent the project, it is usually the project itself and not the individual for which the award is made.
To be eligible the project or publication:
- It must have been completed in the previous calendar year (2017)
- It must be either independent (for example, a book, exhibit, or historic building restoration), or a clearly identifiable portion of a larger project
Categories: The award may be given in two categories:
- Publications: print or online historical or genealogical books/pamphlets/other
- Projects: historical or genealogical research, collections preservation, static/mobile exhibits, historic preservation of architecture or cultural sites, audio/video productions, etc.
Evaluation: The League uses an out-of-county historical group or individual to judge and select the winning publication and/or project.
The criteria the award will be based on:
- Providing new or unique historic information, interpretation or discoveries
- Contributing to the preservation or interpretation of Snohomish County history
- Use of best museum, research, or digital practices
- Effective collaboration with other community organizations such as school groups, service clubs, or libraries as additional outreach
- Creative use of resources which may include funding, donated materials or services, consultants or staffing
Send completed nominations:
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: LOSCHO Award, PO Box 1773, Marysville WA 98270
Save the date:
Malstrom Heritage Awards Luncheon
Saturday, March 17, 2018
11:30 AM – 2:00 PM
For more information click here.