Our 2013 Nominees are listed here !
The League of Snohomish County Heritage Organizations invites individuals and groups to submit nominations for their heritage related projects in Snohomish County. The League’s Malstrom Awards are offered to recognize outstanding contributions to preserving our heritage in Snohomish County and to share experience, skills and resources. We encourage and welcome applications of all types and sizes to help acknowledge those that may go unnoticed outside of our local communities.
Eligible activities include historic preservation of architecture or cultural sites, historical or genealogical research/collections, exhibits, publications (print and online), audio/video productions and museum work. While an individual may be named to represent the project, it is usually the project itself and not the individual for which the award is made.
To be eligible the project
• must have been completed in current calendar year
• must be either independent (for example, a book, exhibit, or historic building restoration) or a clearly identifiable portion of a larger project.
Beginning in 2014, if more than one publication is nominated, two Malstrom awards may be given, one for an outstanding publication and one for an outstanding project.
The criteria the award will be based on:
• Providing new or unique historic information, interpretation or discoveries
• Contributing to the preservation or interpretation of Snohomish County history
• Use of best museum, research or digital practices
• Effective collaboration with other community organizations such as school groups, service clubs, libraries as additional outreach.
• Creative use of resources which may include funding, donated materials or services, consultants or staffing.
To print how-to info for nominations of 2013 projects - MALSTROMAWARDinfo2013 (pdf)
MalstromAwardNominationForm (rtf) To save the file, download and save. If you have trouble we can email it to you, see address on About/Contact us tab above.
The League will ask an out-of-county historical group or individual to judge and select the winning project.
COMPLETED NOMINATION MUST BE POSTMARKED BY February 10th, 2014.